Sunday, June 27, 2010

Your eyes do noteth decieveth...or something like that!

I am actually posting on my blog for the first time in months. It's not as though I have had nothing to blog about, I just haven't been able to find the time (or energy) to do it. After all, I do have a husband, three kids and a house to take care of, oh, and a full time job.
Updates on the Fam!
Matthew - He has definitely developed the preteen teenager attitude. I have officially gone from knowing a little here and there to knowing absolutely nothing about anything. I fully expect him to start calling me Kelly any day now. So, there is lots of stomping, huffing & puffing, sighing, eye rolling and mumbling going on in the upper wing of the Martin estate. He is officially through with elementary school and will be moving on up to middle school this fall. I don't know if I am ready for all the middle school drama, but Matthew sure is excited about it. He is finally starting to fill out and out grow everything he owns. He is eating me out of house and home. If you were to have him over to your house for dinner one night you would swear that we haven't fed him in at least a week. All in all, he is coming in to the next phase of life and I am just going to have to admit that I am now just the co-pilot helping keep him on the right course.
Look at how he has grown up over the past few months. He is such a good kid.

Matthew & Corbin sporting their camo at the CAFB Air Show.

Corbin - What can I say about Corbin? He is predictably unpredictable. He can pull just about any stunt and yet somehow get away with it. (Much to Matthew's dismay.) He is Mr. Competitive! Mr. Must Have A Ball In Hand At All Times! Mr. It's Not Fair! But mostly, he is known around my house as Bo. In the last few months, Bo has managed to drop his cell phone in the Giraffe exhibit at the zoo AND he actually got it back. Yea, that is Bo for you. He somehow got to visit the book fair at school when he wasn't supposed to. Ask him how he managed that and he just gives you a little nod and a wink. He manages to end up with an after game snack when he isn't even on the team. Most recently he has chipped a tooth while eating pancakes. Yes he did and no I did not make them. :) He is catching for the 9 Year Old All-Star Baseball Team. My mom says that scares her to think about the bigger boys running over him. I have to remind her that we are talking about Corbin and that the bigger boys should be afraid of him running them over. That child is fearless, except when it comes to eating healthy foods and then he completely wigs out.

The traditional "pie-in-the-face" at El Toro for his 9th Birthday.

More birthday fun at home. From left: Matthew, Hunter, Corbin & Joe.


Ann Elise - She is growing up all too fast. She is wearing lipstick (ahem, orange highlighter), talking in full sentences, jumping off of everything she can climb onto, and, in true girl fashion, already gets frustrated with her hair. She has two BFFs, Lyla and Lilly Grace, and they are too funny together. They squeal, hold hands and boss each other around. I love it! She is such a little mama and to her daddy's delight she loves beesball, aka, baseball. She is quick to say 'bless you' and 'thank you much' and will give away kisses galore when the mood strikes her. She has ALL the men in my life wrapped tightly around her little finger. Her brothers are quick to her defense if we try to discipline her and even quicker to give her her way. (Well, except when it comes to any ball and Bo just doesn't give in to anything involving a ball. HA!)

Putting on her "lipstick".
Don't forget to rub it in.
Now smile for the camera.

Not that anyone really is interested in Matt and I, but we are doing good too. Staying busier than any two people should, running after three kids and keeping up with household chores. Okay, you got me, we really don't keep up with household chores, but it just sounds nice to me to say that we are. I really do need a maid if anyone wants to volunteer. :)
More fun time at the air show.
Baking in the sun.
Joe, Corbin & Me with Matthew & Hunter in the background.

Matt, the most handsome man at the air show.

I mean, check out that smile. It makes me melt.

0 comments: