Thursday, November 3, 2011

Happy Halloween! Happy Birthday Matthew! Happy! Happy! Happy!

Before I get any "well it's about time" comments, let me just say "I know, I know." The point is I'm blogging people. Let's move on. :)


I am just going to throw out some recent random happenings.


Leecie thought (well maybe I had a little bit to do with it.) that Halloween 2011 was her closest chance at being a part of the Oscars. What? Well, she had three, that's right THREE, costumes this year.


Costume #1 - Lolly the Clown


She wore this one to the Fall Festival we had at Church. Before the night was over it was ripped, had chili stains down the front and her headband was snapped in half. Hey, I guess she was just clowning around. Hehehe.




Costume #2 - The Pirate


Leecie was a Pirate for her Halloween festivities at "school". That costume had to walk the plank when she got home. Cupcake, Cheeto and Dirt stains for days. Argh!!!!




Costume #3 - Alex from Wizards of Waverly Place


This was my $1.64 costume from Dirt Cheap. Oh how I heart Dirt Cheap. Anyway, this was Leecie's Trick-or-Treating costume. It must have been magic because it made it all the way through the night without a single tear or stain. But I guess I should expect that from the cheapest costume huh?


Ainsley the MSU Cheerleader and Leecie the Clown having fun at the Fall Festival.

Love these girls. :)





Corbin the River Bandit.


This is NOT how he normally looks in this uniform. Normally, he is covered from head to toe in dirt.



Now this is Pigpen!


Corbin has not been hit by a baseball all year. The boy may be dirty, but he is fast. So fast in fact, that a car can't even hit him. That's right, a car, well a van to be exact. Corbin was running across the alley at Chruch the other night and didn't look before he crossed. He ran out in front of a van!!!!!!!!! As he ran out in front of the van he saw it, popped back and hit the side of the van. It took his breath away for a minute but as soon as he was able to, he took off running to me. Only Corbin could do that. I have no idea who hit him but I pray that they know he came away from it without a single bruise, scratch or broken bone. He was perfectly fine.


I just want everyone to know that I serve a MIGHTY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!




Ole'


Matthew may have been too big to dress up for Halloween this year, but you're never too big to wear the ole Sombrero at El Toro. Matthew turned 13 last week. I can't believe I have a teenager!!!!!!!!!! That does not make me old, just older. ;) ~ We are so proud of the young man he is shaping up to be.


We love you Matthew Earl Martin Jr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






BODIES!


Matthew wanted to go to a Haunted House for his 13th Birthday so we loaded up and went to one of the biggest ones in the South, Arx Mortis. Spoooooky. These teenage boys cracked me up. The phrase that they came away repeating..."BODIES!!"


Josh, Wes, Brendan and Matthew

0 comments: