Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update

Just wanted to give you an update on my "unique" medical situation. I went back to Dr. Morris this morning and my platelets have come down to 968,000. Yeah. I am so thankful to the Great Physician that they have continued to come down, but my earthly physician thinks still thinks they need to come on down a little quicker so he doubled my medication and added something he hopes will help with my headaches. I have to continue to go back weekly until we can get my platelets to a "comfortable" level (and to monitor my white and red blood counts as well, this medication can effect those) so that Dr. M can take me off of the medication, do the bone marrow biopsy, and put me back on the medication. Yes, that's right, at the moment the plan is still to go ahead with the bone marrow biopsy. He is putting it off for the time being until he can get my levels down enough to feel comfortable about taking me off the medication temporarily. Apparently you cannot get an accurate reading while on this medication. We are unsure of when the biopsy will take place because it all depends on how long it takes my levels to come down, could be a week, could be months. Who knows, maybe he will nix the whole biopsy thing. A girl can hope, can't she? Anyway, we already know that the prayers are working because my platelet levels have come down so please keep sending them up. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and encouragement.

1 comments:

Montgomery said...

Kelly, I had no idea all this going on...I pray you continue to get better and better...I'll keep checking out the blog...the kiddos are super cute!